Taking into consideration the capabilities of modern information technologies and the use of effective approaches to municipal management, interaction with citizens and organizations, regional authorities and integrated solutions can significantly contribute to the achieving the goals. It provides an efficient interaction of all the municipal stakeholders in a single information environment. This solution provides a set of organizational, information and technical means, which enhance the efficiency of business processes of the local authorities.
The City Administration of Nizhny Tagil – an executive-administrative body of the municipality, invested with authority to address local issues and to implement specific state powers given to local governments by the federal laws and the laws of the Sverdlovsk region. The structure of the City Administration consists of the industrial (functional) and territorial bodies. Territorial bodies of the City Administration are the administration of Dzerzhinsky, Lenin, Tagilstroevskii districts and territorial administrations, created in other communities included in the urban district.
Purposes of the project
Improvement of the quality of municipality management:
- increasing the efficiency of decision-making;
- increasing the objectivity of decisions;
- increasing the level of automation of standard processes and activities.
Increasing the level of municipality integration with the urban community:
- increasing accountability and transparency of the municipality’s activity;
- increasing the community participation rate in urban issues;
- increasing the number and quality of municipal services.
Increasing the investment attractiveness and integration with the microenvironment:
- raising awareness of the favorable investment climate;
- raising the status of the municipality within the Federation.
As part of the subsystem of the electronic document workflow – creation of a single document database, automation of business processes and reduction of the passing time of documents.
Automation of the document workflow:
- The transition to electronic filing of documents;
- Electronic storage of documents;
- A single information space of documents of the local government;
- Movement of documents in electronic form;
- Automated controls of execution;
- Management tools;
- Controlling the implementation standard;
- Identifying bottlenecks in processes;
- Evaluation of downloads.
The choice of technology
The Electronic Document Management System (hereafter EDMS) of the City Administration of Nizhny Tagil is built on Microsoft Platform (Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and Office suite Microsoft Office 2010), as well as the Platform FlowPoint for SharePoint for building complex business processes.
The use of portal technologies Microsoft SharePoint 2010 significantly improves the efficiency of online interaction and coordination of structures of the municipality on the purposes, tasks and activities.
The choice of SharePoint as a system platform enables to consolidate the information into a single information space, to provide a single entry point for access and search service. There are different news, announcements of events and activities, and various instructions in the portal.
Using the platform «FlowPoint for SharePoint» provides visual means for business processes design, without the program code and ensures their implementation with the required level of quality in the shortest possible time.
EDMS of the City Administration of Nizhny Tagil automates the full life cycle of documents - from their admission until the execution control, and automates the following functions:
- Registration of documents
- Preparation of electronic documents
- Negotiation of electronic documents
- Support for the document movement in electronic form
- Management of existing and creation of new business processes
- Getting the process metrics
- Getting the input data of processes through an external site
- Automation of collaborative work
- Automation of meetings
There are two large blocks of processes in the activity of the city administration, automated within the EDMS.
1. «Classic» workflow
- Registration of the input document
- Preparation of the outgoing document
- Preparation of the internal document
- Preparation of the order
- Preparation of commissions,
- Execution of a commission, resolution, document
- Introduction to the document
- Preparation of a meeting
- Preparation of a protocol
- Application of citizens
2. Working with agreements and contracts.
- Registration and approval of the offer
- Preparation and approval of the contract
- Registration of the document for execution of the contract
- Preparation of documents for the contract
- Preparation of the municipal contract
3. Legal documents.
- Preparation and approval of a regulatory act
- Registration of the approved regulatory act
- Review of a regulatory act
- External approval of a regulatory act
- Consideration of the examination of a regulatory act
- Publication of a regulatory act
The system architecture is built in the paradigm of the database server - application server based on Microsoft SharePoint 2010 - thin WEB client, which supports interaction of remote workstations with a central server.
It allows automation of the additional processes of collaborative work through the software Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
It supports storing of different number of electronic documents in the repository of a portal type.
It provides organizational and program-technical means of protection against unauthorized actions in order to prevent thefts, losses, distortions and falsifications of information.
The main advantages of the EDMS implementation in the City Administration of Nizhny Tagil are:
- improving the quality of management and administrative processes;
- improving the system of information and analytical support for decision-making;
- reduction of the delivery terms of information between departments;
- completeness, reliability and relevance of the stored information;
- safety of storage and handling of information procedures in the system;
- compliance of documents with the applicable requirements to their registration;
- transferring to the technology of paperless document management;
- implementation in the processes of automatic document passing in the organizational structure (minimizing the manual selection of users);
- reduction of the time of document approval;
- operational control over the execution of orders, resolutions, including automatic control over the regulatory deadlines;
- access of the process participants to the information about the stage and state of the passing document;
- full display in the history of the process participants, tasks, decisions, time processing.