The automation of legislation of the representative body - a complex task, which includes a number of processes, procedures and services. The complexity of the task requires the choice of modern and high-tech automation means. Choosing Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Office for process automation of the Legislative Assembly of Perm krai led to a single information space, providing both: the staff of the Legislative Assembly and deputies with services. The support for automated process execution, electronic document templates, e-passport of laws and the draft of agenda of the plenary session, the powerful analytical capabilities - all this has led to a new level of operational efficiency.
About the company
After the election of the regional parliament in December 2006, the unification of the two subjects of the Russian Federation (the Perm region and Komi-Permyak Autonomous Okrug) was finished and the single Legislative Assembly - the representative (legislative) authority of Perm krai was formed.
Today the Parliament of Perm krai consist of 60 deputies, more than 600 deputies' assistants and 136 members of the Legislative Assembly. The parliament consists of five committees and five factions, performing the preliminary consideration of bills.
The Legislative Assembly is actively working on the target development of social and economic infrastructure of the region. The activity of the regional parliament is aimed at involving noncommercial and private organizations and the population of the region in decision-making.
Since 2002 the document management of the representative body of Perm krai mostly functions in the electronic document management system DOCS Open. The electronic data in the organization are constantly updated. Databases contain passports of laws and regulations, tentative agendas of meetings of the Legislative Assembly and other public documents.
However, there was not a single solution, which could have provided the registration and storage of documents, as well as a full automation of preparation and transmission of documents with automatic control.
The architecture of proposed solutions was determined, as there was the concept of building a common information space on the basis of portal technologies in the Legislative Assembly of Perm krai.
- Improving the efficiency of documentation support of the legislative processes of the Legislative Assembly;
- Improving the efficiency of internal communication processes within the organizational structure of the Legislative Assembly.
But the analysis showed that the problem was not so easy.
The degree of branching of legislative processes required scrupulous work. The amount of the obtained models of processes was really huge at the same time the terms of realization were short.
The choice of technology
The electronic document management system of the Legislative Assembly of Perm krai was built on Microsoft platform (portal platform Microsoft SharePoint), Microsoft Office suite and FlowPoint for SharePoint Platorm.
Such Microsoft software products as Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Hyper-V are also used as basic infrastructure software.
The use of portal technologies significantly increases the efficiency of information management processes of lawmaking for deputies and their assistants. Obtaining current and complete information within the legislative process, receiving materials for the next plenary session in due time is obligatory for the members.
Choosing SharePoint as the platform system helped to solve another problem - the consolidation of information into a single information space to provide a single entry point for access and search service. Nowadays the portal in the Legislative Assembly is a full-grown information resource for employees. There are news, announces of events and activities, announcements, manuals and quizzes.
Using the platform FlowPoint for SharePoint provides the opportunity to realize the functionality of the system in the shortest possible time with the required level of quality.
FlowPoint for SharePoint platform allowed not only to reduce the of design and implementation of workflow processes and legislation, but also to simplify the support of the solution, through the use of visual design processes without the software code.
The specific character of activity of the representative body required a comprehensive approach to its automation. The system of the automation of legislation of the Legislative Assembly of Perm krai (SAL LAPK) automates the full life cycle of documents - from the entering the Legislative Assembly until the end of the execution control.
There are three large groups of processes within the legislative activities, automated within the framework of SAL LAPK.
1. «Classical» workflow
- Registration of the incoming document
- Preparation of the outgoing document
- Preparation of orders
- Processing of memos
- Processing of applications
- Preparation of initiative commissions
- Execution of commissions, resolutions of the document
2. Working with contracts
- Registration and negotiation of the offer
- Preparation and negotiation of the contract
- Registration of documents for contract performance
- Preparation of documents for the contract
3. The legislative processes
- Introduction and preparation for consideration of the draft law / draft decree
- Preparation and adoption of the law by the Legislative Assembly of Perm krai
- Preparation and adoption of a decree (act) by the Legislative Assembly of Perm krai
- Preparation of formations, policy notes, action plans
- Preparation of agendas, resolutions, protocols, resolutions
- Preparation of extracts from the protocols
- Preparation and processing of corrections, suggestions, comments
SAL LAPK is constructed using portal technologies and functionally includes:
- Systems of workflow performance.
- Electronic templates of documents.
- Interactive reports.
- Analytical reports.
- Electronic drafts of agenda of the plenary session.
The system of workflow execution provides routing of workflows (including inaccessibility and delegation), control of time of performance and effective means of analysis of the processes history.
The document preparation system, based on electronic templates, allows the users of SAL to create documents from templates at a particular stage of the process automatically, to eliminate errors, associated with execution, to make changes of the document type automatically, depending on its status.
Interactive reports - electronic passport of the law /decree provides the following functionality:
- Automatic filling of the passport law (decree) with documents
- Getting up-to-date information 24/7
- View of documents accompanying the legislative process, in the electronic form
- Presentation of the information contained in the passport law (decree), in a user-friendly format
- Getting the information about the history of changes in the sections of the passport of law (decree)
- Providing the access to documents and information, related to the control of the execution of laws (decrees)
The electronic draft agenda of the plenary session allows to create a list of issues proposed for consideration on the basis of the workflow processes automatically, to maintain the archive of meetings and to provide a quick access to the documents on these issues.
A full list of analytical reports enumerates more than 100 forms and allows the structural subdivisions of LAPK to produce multiple criteria data analysis of the workflow.
As a result of SAL LAPK implementation, it is planned to achieve the following results:
- shortening delivery time of information to users;
- completeness, reliability and currency of stored information;
- safety of storage procedures and handling of the information within the system;
- conformity of documents to the current requirements and the execution of documents;
- transferring to paperless document management the maximum possible number of participants;
- interconnected processes comprise the entire document life;
- division of roles and responsibilities in the execution process;
- implementation in the processes of document running automatically within the organizational structure (minimizing the manual user operations);
- electronic document harmonization reduces the time of its consideration;
- operating control over the execution of commissions, resolutions, including automatic control of regulation time;
- permanent access of each participant to the process information about the stages and status of the document;
- a full display of participants, tasks, solutions, time processing in the history of processes.