Role subsystem is designed for flexible management of executors within the stages of a business process. The role system operates with the following key concepts:
- User - the representation of a person in the system.
- Position - an object in the system, which simplifies the licensure to the user.
- Role - consists of a matrix of security the list of possible values, the default, the list of values. Within the system it is available in three versions: static, dynamic, parametrizable.
- Static role - a role that always exists within the system, determines the permissions for the business elements. Includes the list of possible values, the default, the list of values. It is used apart from the processes of controlling the level of access.
- Dynamic role - a role that is created to allocate permits in the process instance. It includes a matrix of security, the list of possible values, the default, the list of values. After completion of the process it is «destroyed».
- Parameterized role - a role, parameterized by some object (e.g. department or employee), includes the list of possible values, and the default values. List of possible values, and default values are parameterized depending on the connection of the role and object.
- Resolution - determines the level of access.
- The business element - the libraries, lists, documents, list items, folders.
Role management is integrated into the process designer.